Monday, March 17, 2014

Instructor Spotlight: Lindy!

Happy Monday, Dancefitters!

We are so thrilled to have the newest member of our DanceFIT, BalletFIT team on the blog today!

Lindy is currently teaching LOTS of HOT BalletFIT classes in Natick and BalletFIT Cardio in Brookline on Fridays!

BONUS! All of Lindy's classes in Natick are FREE this week! Email gina@dancefitstudio.com to register for the free classes - this week only!
We guarantee you will leave dripping with sweat and having scorched hundreds of calories!

Here's her spotlight!

1. Tell our readers a little about yourself!

Hi! I live in Brookline and I grew up in Sharon, MA. I have a B.S. in Psychology from the College of Charleston in SC and will be getting my M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology from the Mass General Hospital Institute of Health Professions beginning in September. Aside from teaching DanceFIT classes, I also currently work in the Home Care division of Steward Health Care and intern at a pediatric speech-language pathology practice.

2.  Why are you so passionate about dance?  How did you begin dancing?

My parents enrolled me in almost every activity/sport when I was little, but dancing and gymnastics were the activities that stuck. I danced from age 3 and began to dance competitively at 7. I was also on my high school’s cheerleading team and took a few ballet, jazz and aerobic dance electives in college. I am so passionate about dance because it makes me feel long and graceful and there is just nothing like getting lost in the music and dancing it out!

3. We are so excited to have you on our BalletFIT team! What can your students expect from one of your HOT BalletFIT classes?

I am so excited to be teaching them! I love DanceFIT because while it is such a great workout, it is also so much fun. My students can except my HOT BalletFIT classes to be very upbeat and interactive…and to include lots of cardio :) I hope that all my students will leave feeling energized, confident, strong, and sweaty!

4.  What's on your playlist?  What gets you moving and motivated in a class?

I really enjoy instrumental versions of pop hits for ballet music and sped up/remixed versions of songs for high intensity cardio. It’s always fun to use songs that everyone wants to sing along to! I sometimes get nervous that I’ll stop counting and start singing instead!

5.  What is your favorite piece of fitness inspiration or advice you would love to share?

I think it’s important to remember how you feel after a really great workout. Capturing that energy and sense of accomplishment is so effective in getting motivated for the next workout. I also think it’s so important to find a fitness activity that you love and to keep it interesting. What I love about DanceFIT classes is that no matter how many times you take the same type of class, each one is different from the next.


6.  What is your FIT Style?  What do you love to workout in?

I usually wear black exercise tights and a tank top. I’m always cold (I’ve been known to wear a sweatshirt through an entire HOT BalletFIT class!) so I like adding layers that I can take off as I warm up like sweatshirts, long sleeve shirts, scarves, and leg warmers.

7.  What do you love to do when you’re not on the dance floor?

When I’m not at DanceFIT, I really enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I also love running, especially running races. Last year I did the Electric Run and the Urban Raid and in addition to those, this year I’m doing the MS MuckFest and the Run to Remember Half Marathon. I love exploring around Boston. I’ve lived in the area my whole life, but there’s always something new and great to check out. I also like going to concerts and traveling.

9.  You started out taking in studio classes in Brookline...what made you keep coming back and how do you want to transfer your passion for DanceFIT to your students?

When I moved back to Boston after college, I didn’t know where to go to continue my passion for dancing. When I saw a Groupon for DanceFIT I had to check it out! My very first class was BalletFIT and I knew immediately that it was what I had been looking for. It quickly became such a big part of my life and I plan my day around the classes I want to take! I hope that the engaging, fun, welcoming, and motivational atmosphere that I find at DanceFIT will be a part of my classes, as well, and that my students will begin to share my passion for DanceFIT!

Thank you for letting us put you in the spotlight, Lindy and welcome to our team!!

No comments: