Friday, August 22, 2014

DanceFIT Studio Instructor Spotlight: Introducing, Roberta!

Happy Friday!  We are so excited to introduce, Roberta!  Roberta is the newest member of our Natick studio.  Starting this September, she will be teach two fun classes! Look out for the fall Natick schedule coming very soon and register for one of Roberta's class to give her a warm welcome to our DanceFIT Community! 

cardio danceFIT: This fun & energetic class is concentrated in cardio peaks using the movements of the performing arts, jazz, hip hop & fitness. The use of songs from the new millennium supports the hype and energetic atmosphere of the class! No dance experience needed just come ready to sweat!

And her signature class, ballet beatFIT: Ballet to a beat! Ballet beatFIT is a dance based workout that blends ballet, barre, fitness and hip hop inspired movements done at an energetic, calorie burning pace. Get ready to move!  (no dance experience is necessary)

1.  Tell our readers a little about yourself!  10 random facts about Roberta

1 I love to dance
2 I hate onions and love onion rings
3 I love high heels (they help keep the calves in shape too, lol)
4 I could dance for 5 miles but don't ask me to run
5 I like to swim in the ocean
6 Music makes me happy
7 I lived in CA for 7 years
8 I'm a full time preschool/toddler teacher
9 I love chocolate
10 I enjoy art and design

2.  Why are you so passionate about dance?

Dance and music automatically puts me in a good mood! I enjoying seeing this happen for children and adults that take my classes. I love dancing for fun and working out!

3.  As a new DanceFIT Studio Instructor, what do you love most about teaching?

I love being able to connect with people through movement. It's nice to build relationships with people through dance and watch others make great friendships in their classes. Some of my best friends in the world are my dance friends!

4.  Your classes are so upbeat!  What’s on your playlist right now to keep yourself and your students moving?


My playlist is so random! I like new, top 40's dance music like Pharrell and Ariana Grande as well as 80's and 90's music. My iPod is full of surprises. I like to play soulful music for my cool down and floor stretches. I'm loving Sam Smith's album right now.

5.  What is your favorite piece of fitness inspiration or advice you would love to share?

Work out for you! Find a class or fitness style that you enjoy and go for it! Dance works for me. I know it can be intimidating to try something new, but challenge yourself. As a teacher, and student I know the feeling so I'm always supportive of new and aspiring dancers.

6.  What is your FIT Style?  What do you love to workout in?

Leggings and a flowy top.

7.  What do you love to do when you’re not on the dance floor?

I love listening to music, traveling and trying new foods!

8.  Tell us a little about why you love teaching Barre & Hip Hop...how did you learn to move so fast?

I've been teaching dance since I was a teenager so barre and hiphop has been a huge part of my life. I love to shake it!

9.We are SO excited to welcome you to our DanceFIT family as a Barre instructor in Natick! What are you plans to keep your clients motivated this fall?

Thank you! My energy and ability to build relationships will help me motivate new and existing clients. Also, I like to keep my classes fresh by changing up the music frequently. You might even get a random 80's groove night thrown in the mix!

No comments: