Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DanceFIT Studio Client Spotlight: Maggie!

Today, we are featuring a very dedicated VirtualFIT client, Maggie!  Maggie is a hard working Mama of two small kids who has made exercise and fitness a priority in her life.  She's been trying lots of new and healthy things this past year including kale, which was a very big accomplishment! Great job Maggie!



1. Tell us about yourself.  How did you start working out with DanceFIT? 

My best friend, DanceFIT's super gorgeous and talented Social Media Manager, Katrina Sloan, (do not edit that out, Katrina!) started working out with DanceFIT after her first pregnancy. She kept bugging me to try a class and I resisted for a long time, thinking it would be embarrassing and awkward. Basically, she can hold it over my head for the rest of our lives that I was wrong and she was right!

2.  As DanceFIT Studio Virtual Client, how has DanceFIT changed your workout routine?

DanceFIT has increased the variety of my workout routine a TON. I used to just go on the elliptical or attend a group fitness class every once in awhile and that was it. Now I can take a core strengthening class one night and a ballet barre class another night, working completely different muscles. And it is really fun! I've found the joy in working out again, which is why I've been able to stick with it after more than a year.

3.  What songs on your playlist keep you motivated during a workout?

Lots of Rihanna, Kanye West, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake. I could elaborate on the different pop music I listen to but it could get embarrassing.

4.  What is your favorite Virtual DanceFIT class and why? 


This is hard. I wouldn't say that Plank & Core is my "favorite" but it is the most challenging and it pushes me to do things that I didn't think I could do - and that I really couldn't do when I started! I don't know how Alissa sounds so calm and encouraging while she instructs us, it is amazing. I also love all the balletFIT classes, each instructor makes their class unique and I love them all for different reasons.

5.  Tell our readers what your favorite go-to pre-workout snack is!

If I need to grab something before a class, I usually go for string cheese, some strawberries or an apple. Things I always have in my house because of my kids.

6.  What is your best piece of fitness advice or inspiration? 

Keep going! After my first Plank & Core class I thought I wouldn't be able to lift my arms to brush my teeth the next day. I used muscles I never knew I had. The classes I take through DanceFIT have helped me with achieving other fitness goals, like having more endurance to get through a challenging Zumba or spin class.

7.  What is your FIT fashion?  What do you usually wear for workouts?

I usually wear dance leggings or yoga pants with a long tank top or running tank. I probably own at least double the amount of workout gear I did before joining DanceFIT - mostly because their stuff is so cute I've bought a bunch of it!

8.  What do you tell your friends and family when they ask about why you love DanceFIT so much?


I could go on and on. Virtual classes are so convenient and offer such a variety. I love that it is a company that was founded and is owned by a successful woman and mom who fosters an environment of encouragement and support among its clients. I remember being so nervous before my first class, worrying about what I was going to wear and that I would make a fool out of myself, but the DanceFIT clients are hard-working women and moms who are just trying to better themselves. It's a great community to be a part of. And you don't need a babysitter!

9.  You live in MA and we LOVE surprise visits from you in our Brookline and Natick Studios!  What is your favorite in studio class and why?

My new favorite in-studio class is HOT balletFIT! 55 minutes of super sweaty ballet and fitness inside a heated studio. If I didn't look like a giant lobster at the end of the class I would say that it brings out the inner ballerina in me!

10. You are a busy, working, beautiful mama!  How do you fit workouts into your day and do you think think it's important for your kids to see you working out? 


I am a scheduler. If I know I have a class scheduled in advance and it's in my Google calendar right in front of me I can psych myself up and fully participate.

It is SO important that my kids see my working out! Whenever the laptop and yoga mat come out, my little one goes and gets the extra yoga mat right away and does his adorable little downward dog. It is the cutest thing ever! My preschooler loves taking classes with me too. She wants her ballet shoes on and her drink of water, just like Mommy. She is also better at mountain climbers than me!

No comments: